Following an emergency committee meeting with Rally Chairman and Trustees, it is with much sadness in our hearts we announce yet another cancellation of the Weeting Steam Engine Rally & Country Show. The 2021 rally will not be going ahead.
It has not been an easy decision, but with the current situation due to the Indian variant of Covid and talk of the Government lockdown easing possibly being pushed back later than 21 June, along with spiralling costs due to the pandemic and unclear advice from the local council, cancelling is our only option.
We want to be able to put on a good show and these added risks would prevent us from doing so.
We have a duty of care and responsibility and the health and safety of our exhibitors, traders, volunteers and the general public is a priority, especially regarding the concerns of a resurgence of the virus, due to the variant strain and unvaccinated persons.
We are very aware of the added impact our event would have on local services, the NHS and all emergency services and do not want to further stretch their capabilities, or put extra strain on anyone involved.
We very much appreciate and congratulate all key workers and their efforts throughout this pandemic, over the past year or so it has changed the way we live our lives and go about normal routines.
Our section leaders are aware of this decision and will shortly be contacting all exhibitors about 2021 entries, with a letter and invitation to exhibit at our 2022 rally.
Traders, Craft and Food stands and Camping will be contacted about your 2021 entries.
Again, this is not the outcome that any of us involved in organising the Rally had hoped for, and we’re sure you all feel the same. The decision to cancel has been hard, but as many of you are aware this past year has very much been out of the ordinary.
We would like to thank you all for being patient with us in making this decision, and going forward for next year we hope to come back stronger and better than ever.
We wish you all the very best for the rest of the year and can’t wait to see you all in 2022, our Rally being held on 15th, 16th and 17th July 2022.
Trustees of the Weeting Steam Engine Rally.
Easing of the Covid-19 lockdown steps seem to be going ahead as planned, and with another step due to take place on 17 May, we are keeping ever hopeful that further steps will be carried out as planned.
We are receiving lots of enquiries about entry forms and hope this little update can answer some of your questions.
We are grateful for your support and do hope we are able to put on a great show for you all, but we are still relying on the restrictions being lifted to make that possible. The rally committee will meet again later this month for further discussions and as always we will keep you up to date as soon as we can.
Please use the contact us page for enquiries about entry forms for those sections stated above.
We hope you’re all keeping safe and well.
Since the announcement of the lockdown roadmap, our telephones and email have become a hotline!
We fully understand your anticipation for getting back out and about to rallies, catching up with friends and being able to resume some sort of normal service.
We are hoping for our Rally to go ahead this year, the current Government Covid-19 Response paper, outlines the steps out of lockdown. There is potential for all restrictions to be lifted, at the earliest 21 June 2021.
Our committee will be keeping an eye on the easing of lockdown, government advice and guidelines and will be considering our options very carefully as to being able to put on a show for you all to attend safely.
We will not be sending out 2021 entry forms, the majority of exhibitors and traders from our cancelled 2020 Rally have already been rolled over to this year. If we do go ahead, the numbers will be looked at and decisions made if further entries will be an option.
We will keep you up to date on any news, as soon as we can.
Best wishes from us all.
We would have been very busy this week getting ready for the weekend, if only things had been different, due to the on-going circumstances and having to cancel our event this year, things are not quite the same. Covid-19 has taken it's toll across all sectors, including steam related events for the year.
All our 2020 Exhibits and Trade entries should have been contacted by now, and we thank you for your support and understanding and if chosen, rolling over your entry to our 2021 rally.
If you have a 2020 entry form and would like to send it in as a 2021 entry, please do, as we are accepting 2020 forms for next year.
It's going to be a quiet weekend here without the rally, but we look forward to coming back next year and we hope everyone is keeping safe and well.
Please read this post about our latest 2020 Rally update.....
Here at Rally HQ we are very excited to be sharing our NEW website with you.
We now have lots more information included about our Rally, plenty of photos and yet more still to come, it's work in progress for us. Along with working on the new website we are busy planning the show for this year, some of which can be seen here on our exhibits page. This latest news section will keep you up to date with all the goings on, updates and more!
Please share our NEW website with your friends and help to spread the word about us.